Shoe Review: Tilden by Ahnu & truWALKzero Mary Jane
Spring is finally approaching. Now its time to ditch the hiking boots and socks and find something cooler to wear for those spring/ summer workout adventures.
I’m fairly outdoorsy—I always have been—and I don’t know how many sport sandals I’ve owned in my life. I have three pairs in my closet right now (one for the pool or locker room shower, the other for kayaking/ fishing or tubing down rivers with a tasty beverage and one for long hikes.) So I was thrilled to have the challenge on trying out two new pairs of sport sandals.
The first pair is the Tilden IV by Ahnu.
The Tilden IV sandal features our new light weight Traverse platform so you can go all day on any surface and be secure and protected. From the quick drying mesh upper to the security of our integrated webbing and the dual density midsole your feet will be comfortable and ready to keep moving.
I love how rugged this sandal looked. It looked like it could handle the toughest, all day hike that I have been known to go on.
I was not wrong.
I forgot to break this pair in before going on my long hike but luckily that didn’t matter with this sandal. They felt fantastic the whole time. Not one blister. Nothing, but comfort. I even got them wet going through some streams but still no painful rubbing at all. These shoes would also be great for water sports such as kayaking, surfing and or really any kind of water trekking.
The second pair is truWALKzero Mary Jane.
If it were possible to attain a degree in lightweight foot architecture this Mary Jane would be graduating with honors. A padded collar and tongue help prevent blisters, and ADIPRENE by adidas helps protects the heel at impact and provides flexible forefoot cushioning.
- Padded collar and tongue to help prevent blisters and lace bruising
- Upper material: Textiles wicks moisture and enhances breathability
- Synthetic durable protection from the elements
- Full grain leather is easy to clean and maintain to extend product life
- Footbed: EVA with adidas ADIPRENE® highly shock-absorbent cushioning protects the heel at impact
- adidas ADIPRENE®+ resilient and flexible forefoot cushioning provides a responsive, dynamic push-off
- Outsole: EVA Lightweight shock absorption for reducing foot and leg fatigue
- Rubber pads provides a durable grip on a variety of surfaces
- truWALK Architecture provides a natural full range of foot motion, from shock absorption at heel strike to forefoot flexibility during push off
This pair was a bit more feminine and lightweight. These sandals would be more suited for long walks with the dog, going shopping and just plain hanging about. These sandals are far too pretty to get dirty and wet. These sandals were also very comfortable from the get go. They are super easy to get on and off and I thought they looked really great with just about anything casual. It hasn’t been hot in my neck of the woods yet but I can only bet they would be great for super hot weather with the type of light weight mesh material they are made of.
The only down fall of these sandals on my foot was that the velcro strap was a bit tight. I could have used a longer strap. But, it could just be because I have a high arch and a broad foot. These still will be a great sandal for my spring and summer workout wardrobe.