When it comes to bodybuilding nutrition, there are some basic principles to stick to, but a wide variety of recipe options. Many of the best bodybuilders have developed their own recipes in order to increase muscle mass, burn fat, and create a lean physique. A lot of the recipes have been designed to hit specific macronutrient profiles to provide the optimal nutrition needed to build muscle mass. By focusing on all of the ingredients, these bloggers have developed great plans that you can add into your current diet plan.
These bodybuilding recipe awards will help you to get a better understanding of the leading recipe bloggers. Many of these writers are professional bodybuilders with years of experience in competitions. They are in no particular order, they are the 10 bodybuilding websites that we frequently visit for yummy meal ideas.
Our 10 favourite websites are..
01. Moon Fitness – This female bodybuilding blogger has developed a wide variety of excellent bodybuilding recipes that help her to compete in national bikini competitions. Her recipes are not only incredibly healthy, but also provide a wide variety, so that anyone can find something that they like. Even those with a sweet tooth can appreciate the food that she creates, such as this banana protein bar.
02. Ripped Body – This blog is run by bodybuilder Andy Morgan. His method of improving muscle mass and reducing fat content, has a specific bodybuilding diet plan that you can easily follow. With a wide variety of different meal options and alternatives, Andy has provided some of the most delicious looking foods that still fit within a very strict bodybuilding diet.
03. Sarah Fit – Getting fit and looking good comes down to a wide variety of different factors. Having the best possible diet for bodybuilders is going to make your life a lot easier if you are trying to slim down and increase muscle mass. One of the best bodybuilding diets involves many Paleo aspects, in order to have the most protein and high quality fats with fewer bad carbs. Sarah Dussault has a wide variety of different recipes on her site, but there are recipes that fit Paleo-specific and bodybuilding diets.
04. PaleOMG – The Paleo diet has grown into one of the most popular diets for overweight people and bodybuilders. Trying to eat Paleo can often be limiting without the right direction from a creative chef. Juli is obsessed with food, but with a Paleo perspective. As a CrossFit athlete, she has a wide variety of workouts that require proper nutrition. Many of her diets are high in protein and have carbohydrates that are healthier and have a lower glycemic index. Best of all, she can take meals that everyone loves and create them with the healthiest of ingredients.
05. Primal Toad – Wellness and health come in many forms, but sometimes smoothies and shakes can be the best method of getting enough nutrients. The bodybuilding diet is routinely looking for methods of incorporating more protein and still maintaining caloric restrictions. Todd Dosenberry runs his wellness blog, Primal Toad, with these ideas in mind. He has many different smoothie recipes that will allow anyone to find a tasty treat that can supplement their workouts. Rather than eating so many meals every day like a bodybuilder, you can just substitute some of these natural shakes with protein into your diet.
06. Yuri Elkaim – This nutrition and fitness professional has helped dozens of athletes to improve their physique and performance through a great diet. His blog has a number of recipes and information that any bodybuilder would enjoy. Many of these meal plans are designated for the entire day rather than a single meal. You can get great ideas about healthy and tasty options, that still fit within their macronutrient profile for building muscle.
07. Ripped Recipes – Trying to find healthy recipes on the internet can be difficult for bodybuilders. Even if they look good and have decent ingredients, there is rarely an easy way to determine what the macronutrient profile of the food will be. For the bodybuilding diet, it is important to keep the right nutrients and the Ripped Recipes website has a wide variety of nutrition information. More importantly, the website has a breakdown of the fat, carbohydrate, and protein so that bodybuilders can make sure their ratio fits well.
08. Muscle Hack – Gaining more muscle and reducing your fat as much as possible, is Mark McManus’ only goal. His website has a wide variety of bodybuilding diet options, including some that taste incredibly good. In fact, he makes a point of creating some of the healthiest creations that still sound like devilish delicacies. The Big Mac pie recipe is a favourite of people trying to stay within their macronutrient profile to build muscle and lose fat, but want something that tastes great as well.
09. Ancestral Momentum – Getting the nutrients you need as a bodybuilder can sometimes be difficult and if you are after good tasting food, it can be harder. Sometimes it is best to focus on the basics and get a simple solution to all of your bodybuilding needs. Keith at the Ancestral Momentum blog has a wide variety of great recipes that are simple to make.
10. Fitness Oven – Using some of the common bodybuilding diet foods, Fitness Oven has brought a wide variety of different recipes that anyone can enjoy. For bodybuilders who like to focus on the nutrients more than anything else, simple recipes including canned tuna are perfect. These recipes focus on providing a lot of protein with some healthy carbs and fat to go with it. Overall, it is perfect for some ideas to create on your own.
About the Author: I am a gym junkie but always find myself looking for new ways to stay active. You can usually find me hanging with my 2 kids at the soccer field, ice rink, dance studio or swimming pool. Other than that, I am usually at my computer, watching ellen, or making some fab dish for my hubby.