14 Things Girls Who Take Workout Classes Do But Will Never Admit To
Die-hard class takers aren’t just any kind of fitness buffs. They work well in groups, know how to find the best instructor, can cheer others on without sounding obnoxious, and know that their absence will not go unnoticed if they miss a workout. If you’re one of these ladies, give yourself a pat on your super toned butt, then read these hilariously true habits that you just can’t break:
1. You Scope Out the Competition Before Class
You can’t help but size up your Zumba rival or the new kid’s yoga gear. Bring it on, ladies.
2. You Make a Beeline Straight for YOUR Spot
Whether it’s front and center or in the back left corner, there’s no way you are letting anyone take your go-to area of the floor.
3. You Always Secretly Hope the Instructor Says ‘Hi’ to You
You’ve been to this class every Tuesday for the past month, so you’re certain she knows your first, last, and middle name by now.
4. You Seriously Consider Leaving When a Substitute Instructor Shows Up
What is this, amateur hour?
5. You Hide Your Bodily Functions Like a Boss
Real talk: Farts happen. But they’re not exactly ideal in a classroom full of people. That’s why you’ve become a master of simultaneously slapping down on your mat and clenching your butt cheeks. It’s the ultimate distraction, plus an added workout for your glutes, right?
6. You Tell Your Mom That Your Instructor Used You as an Example in Class Today
Yep, you brag about that like it’s a gold star on your spelling test. Way to be awesome, self!
7. You Constantly Pray That Your Teacher Will Correct Your Form
It means he’s paying attention to you. Plus, he’s very, very, ridiculously good looking.
8. You Cross Your Fingers That the Other Regulars Notice Your Super Cute New Duds
If no one in class compliments your new patterned tights, were they even worth it?
9. You Secretly Take Pride in Being the “Woo Girl” in Your Class
Your energy is contagious, right?
10. You Have Woken Up Early, Been Late to Meetings, and Held Your Pee So You Could Be the First to Sign Up for a Class
The competition is so stiff that a 30-second delay could keep you from getting into your favorite workout of the week.
11. You Follow Your Favorite Instructors on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Okay, so it’s a bit intense, but you’re just trying to find out if their amazing bodies are really just from teaching class, and what they do after class, and where they live. Wait. Too far?
12. You Take Notice When Another Class Regular Is Missing
Tsk, tsk. Hope they had a good reason.
13. You Occasionally Want to Punch the Class All-Star in the Face
The rest of the time, you just want to be her.
14. You Feel Insanely Close to Your Workout Class Crew
They’ve seen you naked in the locker room, know about the last fight you had with your man, and know how much you can lift. #TrueLove