Can Healthy Diet Help To Prevent Acne?
I firmly believe in that statement “you are what you eat.” Why? Because eating a healthy diet is the primary key for you to reduce your acne or scars. Honestly, it’s quite apparent that what you eat can also affect the way you look and feel.
Your skin should be your first priority, it doesn’t matter about what type of skin care products you use, but if your diet is weak, then your skin will show up to things like acne or pimples. Your face is the first thing when people look at you, and definitely acne/pimples won’t leave a good impression on them.
When you eat nutritious foods, they will fuel your immune system which will fight the infection, and also protect your skin from damages. A healthy diet which is full of nutrients will give your skin a kind of power it needs to help fight acne-causing bacteria. Have a look below to know more about what type of foods are good and bad for our skin:
Foods That Causes Acne:
Most of the people don’t recognize the fact that when you can’t eat a healthy diet, then you can’t make your skin acne free. One of the main things to prevent your skin from acne is to avoid those dietary foods which help the acne bacteria to grow faster, foods to avoid, include:
- greasy foods and spicy meals
- Processed foods
- Any type of soda
- Dairy products
These foods should have to be excluded from the diet if you want the brighter skin. Skin can maintain its healthy, bright image, while acne breakouts will likely decrease in number and severity. Some of the primary foods that also increase acne breakouts and should have to be avoided to eat, include:
- White Bread- it contains high glycemic acid which helps to grow acne bacteria.
- Pasta- it also contains a high amount of glycemic, avoid it as much as you can.
- Foods That Contain Sodium- avoid overeating salt as it contains sodium which makes the tissues to swell and that’s why your face looks puffy and weak.
- Refined Sugar- avoid eating lots of candies or other sugary items, that also helps the bacteria to grow the acne fast. Sugary foods also are the cause of damage to collagen and elastin, they both are the vital fiber for your healthier skin.
- Greasy Or Spicy Foods- any type of fried item contains a high amount of Trans fatty acid which can increase the number of hormones that end up in acne or breakouts.
- Processed Foods- like ready-made items which can be preserved for long are highly dangerous for your health as well as your skin. These foods contain bad fats and unhealthy carbohydrates which further damages the skin and giving you more acne in just weeks.
- Alcohol or Caffeine- it includes tea, coffee, soda drinks, and energy drinks should be avoided as much as you can, they can dehydrate the inner system of the body which end ups in acne or other skin problems like blister or lesion.
- Smoking- the worst and unhealthy habit which can kill you in the end. Most of the people found the reason behind acne and blemishes is smoking; it can be avoided entirely for the sake of your health as well.
Foods That Prevent Acne:
If you adopt a healthy diet habit, then you will see the positive results after just weeks or so. Your diet actually plays a vital role in increasing acne, it’s up to you to remove the number of increasing into decreasing. Remember, changing a little in your diet can help you a lot to combat those bacteria of acne. Follow up the guide below to reduce the chances of getting acne:
- Drink plenty of water – water is the primary source for you to detoxify your inner cells and tissues and flash out all the toxin and bacteria. Drink lots and lots of water per day, to start your first step of fighting against acne. Your body should keep being hydrated all day long, drink lots of water in the daytime. You can also make a fresh detoxifier drink for glowing skin by just adding a slice of lemon and a spoonful of honey in a warm glass of water.
- Dark chocolates – yes! Dark chocolates considered to be the best for weight loss as well as acne. It contains antioxidants which help your skin like a guard.
- Yogurt – people think that yogurt includes in those bad dietary products which produce acne and blemishes. But no, yogurt carries probiotics (Greek, Kefir) that actually helps to prevent bacteria which can lead to acne.
- Coconut Oil – contains an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ingredient, which help clear up skin flaws and dead cells. It can also be used as a moisturizer. It has the boost antioxidant activity, which slows down the aging process.
- Healthy Fats – healthy fats and oils can give you anti-inflammatory protection and youth-preserving antioxidants. Nuts like walnuts, almonds are another great way to provide you with healthy fats, as well as skin-protecting Vitamin E.
A proper healthy diet can reduce the chances of acne and other health problems too. It helps you to stay young and keep glowing. If you are confused about what to eat or what to not, then consult dieticians who give you perfect advice for living a healthy life.
Julie is a Professional health writer, experienced blogger, and a coach. She is a writer by day and a reader by night. She also loves to write about beauty, education, technology etc. Further, she is also a marketing manager of testosteronesite.com